Saturday, May 2, 2009

Stylish Dumpster Diving


Visiting Glory in her neighborhood a couple of days ago, I drove past a heap of dishevelled trash out at the corner of some one's yard...and this fine basket was amongst the debris. I didn't have time to stop and investigate, but I happened by yesterday and saw that it was still sitting out in the rain. The basket had all manner of artificial greenery stuck in the sides and it looked grotesque, but after some sprucing up, it's lovely as a catchall for magazines in our living room. It's surprising what can be found amongst trash heaps. Just think some person somewhere spent hours making this basket!

2 comments:

Lillibeth said...

wow Amy, and it still looks like a good quality basket despite the rain!

Amy said...

Yes, the quality of the basket is excellent. Did I tell you my family discovered a wooden tea cart in someone's trash?