Saturday, May 10, 2008

May happiness

What a great week we have enjoyed. Dr. Unruh's office was open Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday we drove to Independence, Kansas and saw patients in a satellite office. What an antiquated office decorated with panelling, browns, yellows, blues and avocados, straight from the seventies.

Thursday
Mum and I worked on the little cottage...it will soon be rented. The yard is looking trim. I mowed with the high setting and then lowered it so it would be nice and short. Sprayed all the weeds in the cracks and crevices all around the house and sidewalks...and Mr. Neighbor to the west, I also sprayed your sidewalk and street weeds (hope you don't mind).

Mum and I discovered much we had forgotten to unpack when we moved here nearly two years ago. A fish crystal serving dish, platters, Joel's special dishes among others. Our dining room is now covered with crystal, silver and stoneware until we are able to reorganize our cabinets.

Other happenings of the past weeks:
  • Letter from Gran'ma ( she writes me 1-2 times per week)
  • Unexpected letter from Lydia
  • Very unexpected letter from Lillibeth
  • Perused Gramzie's trunk of albums. A very fat one contains one half our Oregonian friends, the other Ronald Regan's. My grandmother felt that the Republican party was part of our family and deserved a special section.
  • Trip to Lendonwood garden and Har-Ber Village with our East Indian friends
  • More gardening with Betty Gram...the garden is looking LOVELY!
  • Orchestrated a special, All in All for the Youth Rally last night. It went well and the Lord really moved in the service. Our church was packed out. Chairs were lined up down the center aisle and in the back.
FYI - You may wonder why I have a Gran'ma, Gramzie and a Betty Gram. Gran'ma is my Grandmother in Texas. Gramzie is my Grandmother who passed away in 2003, and Betty Gram is one of my adopted Grandparents...I have many!

No comments: