Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Behold! The Rug Has Taken Shape

If you know me very well at all, you know that I love color and fabric and I have a great passion when both are combined. After collecting a good deal of woolen garments from various sources and making them into three inch strips, I at last set about to work on my second braided rug! Yipee, I thought. But as I progressed from the middle section to the second outer section, which involves lovely greens, I thought this is going to be some wacky rug...but with the four and fifth color scheme going on, I am truly excited. I think this one shall be called, "Joseph's Coat", because I have many more colors to add. I will keep adding pics until it is completed. Lillibeth, have you tried your hand at rug making? I can't wait to get this one completed and then I'm onto needlepoint and from there, to hooked rugs!

2 comments:

Lillibeth said...

I have done a crocheted rug. It took some muscle! I have not braided one yet. Yours looks nice! I like all the colors!

Amy said...

I would think it would be difficult to keep the tension consistant, while crocheting a rug. I can imagine that you would have to have strong fingers. I have a co-worker that said her mother would crochet rugs with broom handles...can you picture that!

Oh, I am glad you like the colors, I value your opinion dear friend!