Monday, March 9, 2009

Leather Bound Beauties








A librarian friend who works at a local university has kept her eye on these richly leatherbound editions by Alfred Lord Tennyson. If they were ever selected to be gotten rid of, they were headed to me, because she knows I love old books. These are especially nice and in great condition overall, despite being published in 1888 and having been in a college library.
I would like to read these, but I am concerned that something should be done to preserve the leather, so it will not start to crack. Dear friends, any ideas?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You should see the shade of green I'm turning from envy! Those are lovely! Maybe you could contact a rare bookseller about methods of preservation.

Amy said...

Hmm...that's a good idea, I can't help but think of 84 Charing Crossroad. I could live in an antique book shop quite contentidly!