Monday, April 27, 2009

Tiny Herb Starts Coming Soon


I garden for my friends, and for the community. But in the last few years I have done very little for our own back yard. However, this week-end Mum and I decided to spend the whole day as a focus on yard projects.

We made numerous trips to various garden centers, bought many plants and 18 bags of cypress mulch! Mum mowed and I weeded, mulched, split some hostas and re-planted them, watered, hoed...etc.

But most of all I am extremely excited about a future herb bed. I found these little pop-up peat planter cups that swell when soaked in water. I anticipate a great little crop of herbs. Mmm...lovely spring and summer coming! Fresh mint tea coming up.

2 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

oh amy! i love herbs!!! we've been making fresh pesto with our basil and putting the parsley in potato salads... now i just need some mint for making summer teas. yum yum!

Amy said...

Lauryl,
I've long wanted to make basil pestos...I was just thinking of the pasta that you served Becca and me several years ago...I think it was a cheese filled pasta. Your such a great chef! Did I ever serve you real mint tea when we lived on Baker Lane? Oh the days :)