Friday, October 24, 2008

Mother's Room Language

"Boy and Rabbit" Giclee Print from allposters.com


Several evening ago, I stood in Mother's bedroom doorway as she sat up in bed reading. My eyes scanned the room to see the pictures on her walls: a young boy holding a rabbit, a child sitting up in bed looking out an open window at a bluebird sitting in a tree, a young girl sitting beside a window reading a book, several photographs framed and set on the dressing table of family members sitting. Everyone is sitting, Mother. Yes I believe you are right, Amy. So what does that tell you? It tells me that as a person you like to sit still, enjoy life and observe the nature around you. Well that is what I do. I sit for a living, I have been a caregiver.

May I encourage you to look around and notice your surroundings? What is inspiring or discouraging you? Are there photographs, or pictures that make your heart sing for joy? Do you feel that you have entered a retreat-your home? Do you feel inspired to great things and to think noble thoughts?

No comments: